Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Reflection of the Clinical
The opportunity to be able to teach a class was a learning experience.  The amount of time and preparation my group put into our presentation and making up activities that we thought would be entertaining for the class goes to show how much time and effort teachers need to exert every day for the students to get the most out of their experience in class.  The members of my group, Meghan, Tainne, and Mike were all great to work with.  We got along and were able to work efficiently and in a timely manner.  We met every night for hours to discuss our presentation and work on the different aspects of the chapter we focused on.  The night before our clinical, we rehearsed exactly what we were going to say and do the next day in the room that we were presenting in.  I believe this helped immensely while presenting the next day because it was already familiar.  Looking back on our presentation, I believe that my group worked well together and complimented each other.  Each one of us has different skills that we were able to contribute while doing our presentation and because of this I believe that our lesson was effective and I hope everyone took something out of it.  By doing activities, I believe that we kept the class involved and enabled them to participate which is important when teaching.  The most memorable lessons for me in grade school and high school involved activities and participation, therefore we wanted to include these things in our lesson to make the most out of what we were conveying to the students.  While I was in front of the class, I felt comfortable and I thought my group conveyed the messages from the chapter that we were trying to.  Overall, I believe the clinical went well and was happy with the end result.  I loved working with the people that I did and found the experience to be a positive one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment