Friday, October 3, 2014


Blog Post 3

Why do I want to be a teacher? Not only do I love being around kids but I also feel that I was called to go into the field of education.  Working at a daycare this summer positively impacted my life so much that it made me rethink my entire career path.  Watching the children interact and smile brought me such joy that I could not help but to switch my major from psychology to elementary education.  I have been influenced by many of my teachers and strive to make a positive impact on the lives of my students.  I want my students to feel comfortable in my class and know that they are able to voice their opinions.  They should not feel small.  I want them to feel equal and content in their environment and with me. While working in the daycare, I hope I made as much of an impact on the kids as they made on me.  They affected my life in such a positive way and I am so grateful for my time spent there. The daycare is a comfortable place for the kids to play and interact with each other.  In my classroom, I want to make an inviting and comfortable place for my students to interact with their classmates.  I believe that the openness of the classroom creates the mood of the class.  I think that the set up of a classroom directly correlates to the success of the class and the students in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment