Saturday, October 4, 2014

Blog Post 4

Linguistics is a contrary topic because it is not universal.  Language helps people to understand more of someone's life experiences and provides background information without having to ask one question.  In my past experiences with volunteering, it was very easy to differentiate the children that grew up in less fortunate neighborhoods from the ones that came from more fortunate ones.  Many people look down on children that don't talk as "properly" or use the best vocabulary but this does not make them any less knowledgable or capable.  I believe that language is inherited and learned while the child is growing up.  My four year old brother repeated everything I said while he was growing up.  Therefore, linguistics define a home in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment